Thursday, April 26, 2007

I need a big sign that says: I don't know what I'm doing yet next year...

I think that myself along with numerous other college seniors feel this way. Everyone wants to know: WHAT ARE YOUR FUTURE PLANS? Well I don't have any yet! And guess what? I'm not worried. Who decided that if we didn't graduate with a job we were doomed? We don't need to map out our future starting May 22nd (day after graduation). I don't know what I want to do, but I do know this:

- I want to take some time off to relax. As if I do so much with my life now? I'm talking stress free pool time. No final papers, no gross east fifth street house that i am sick of living in, no drama.
- I loathe the thought of sitting in a cubicle. This might be delaying my job hunt.
- I want to do something creative where I can write.
- I know that whatever job I take isn't set in stone, and I can follow more than one path.
- Whatever I do choose, I have to be really passionate about or I won't put a lot of effort into it. That's just me.

So come time for my joint graduation party with my cousin Brian who goes to University of Vermont I think maybe I'll make us both signs that say: I'm not sure what I'm doing yet, but I'm sure I'll figure it out along the way.

No comments: